8 things Millennials looks for in their food choices
Millennials are expected to account for 50% of the planet’s consumerism by 2017. In the USA, the demographic of people aged from 18 to 30 constitutes the main force that drives the labor market, with 53.5 millions of working population.
They are exercising more, eating smarter and smoking less than previous generations. This is the one space where they are willing to spend more money on compelling brands.
They are Tech savvy and research more than ever before looking for healthy brands. They make whats hot and whats not. They have the buying power to a brand a success.
As a vending operator you need to become just as savvy. Know what brands in packaged foods they trust, what they are looking for. How can you attract the millennial as a regular customer?
Foods they buy and consume must contain multicultural flavors. Millennials place more importance on buying and consuming multicultural flavors than any other generation,
2. Locally sourced ingredients are very important
3. 100 percent of the millennials surveyed in a What matters survey said they frequently purchase food and beverage brands they list as authentic
4. Clean ingredients is expected and demanded- Real, All Natural, Fresh, and Organic
5. Top Shelf ingredients and flavor are non-negotiable
6. True to brands- a brand that had a mission and stays true to its claims and slogan
7. No fine print, packaging that is upfront and bold lettering saying what is in the product
8. Foods from a company with a strong social purpose